BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Issues with backing up Windows laptop with SMB

2013-10-01 07:54:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Issues with backing up Windows laptop with SMB
From: David Williams <dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2013 07:52:03 -0400
Can anyone provide any insight to this? What else can I do to troubleshoot?

David Williams

On 9/28/2013 6:33 PM, David Williams wrote:
I am trying to backup my laptop using smb.  I have done some testing with smbclient //dwlaptop/C$ -U <username>%<password> and I can connect to my laptop from the backuppc server and am able to browse the laptops folders.
However, when I try and run a backup of a particular directory on my laptop I get the following error:

Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\dwlaptop\\Documents -U dwilliams -E -N -d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc -
full backup started for share Documents
Xfer PIDs are now 4072,4071
Anonymous login successful
[ skipped 1 lines ]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
Anonymous login successful
[ skipped 1 lines ]
tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share Documents)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share Documents) Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 0)

Why is it showing the message anonymous login successful? I set the username and password for the client in the the clients host file, so I would expect that backuppc would log in using my username and password.

Any clues?
--

David Williams

October Webinars: Code for Performance