BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC with ssh

2013-09-16 08:38:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC with ssh
From: Michael Schumacher <michael.schumacher AT pamas DOT de>
To: makgab <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 14:24:03 +0200
Hi,

you should read this part
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html of the documentation
as Till proposed. Basically, you need to setup a connection that uses
a public/private key connection without password.

The only not obvious part of the documentation is that you need to
make sure that you can connect to the other machine as user backuppc
and not as root. That took me some time to understand. :-)

Michael

> I read the doc, but I don't understand the rsync method settings.
> "Rsync is run on the remote client via rsh or ssh."
> http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/BackupPC.html#_conf_rsyncclientcmd_

> The default parameter:
> $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $host $rsyncPath $argList+';

> I try this:
> $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l username $hostIP $rsyncPath
> $argList+';

> but how can I set the password parameter in ssh connection?

> |This was sent by makgab AT gmail DOT com via Backup Central.

 best regards
---
Michael Schumacher
PAMAS Partikelmess- und Analysesysteme GmbH
Dieselstr.10, D-71277 Rutesheim
Tel +49-7152-99630
Fax +49-7152-996333
Geschäftsführer: Gerhard Schreck