BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Existing files in an empty pool

2013-08-27 15:01:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Existing files in an empty pool
From: Andy Taylor <andy AT tayble DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 19:36:12 +0100
Hi,

I've just installed BackupPC on a new server, and am slightly confused
by the results of my first full backup.

I would expect to see zero existing files when I have an empty pool, but
instead I can see the following stats under the "File Size/Count Reuse
Summary" header:

Total files: 3184
Existing files: 673
New files: 5012

I don't understand how BackupPC has identified existing files when the
pool is empty, and in addition I don't understand why the total file
count is less than the combined existing/new file count.

The XferLOG for that backup shows the following at the end:

Done: 3184 files

and there are no 'pool' operations listed, only 'create'.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. This is on a CentOS 6.4
server running BackupPC 3.3.0.

Cheers,

Andy