BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync on Windows 8?

2013-07-30 14:00:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] rsync on Windows 8?
From: Mark Campbell <mcampbell AT emediatrade DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 10:59:19 -0700
Andrew,

I did fail to mention that once I decided to grab additional .dlls from the
install, that I copied over the corresponding updates to the original files
mentioned, to no avail.

But your idea inspired me to try running the rsync that I installed in the
rsyncd directory in an administrator command line, and lo and behold, it gave
me an error message with a new missing .dll to get!  Once I got that one and
dropped it in the rsyncd folder, I tried running it on the command line again,
and it gave me the rsync help menu.  Once that worked, I tried starting the
service again, and it succeeded!  Woo hoo!  :)

For the record (for anyone else that might be doing the same that I am doing),
these are all the files required by rsync to run as a service in windows 8:
-cygiconv-2.dll
-cygintl-8.dll
-cygpopt-0.dll
-cygrunsrv.exe