BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] An host for restoration only

2013-07-24 06:09:52
Subject: [BackupPC-users] An host for restoration only
From: Jimmy Thrasibule <thrasibule.jimmy AT gmail DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 12:08:23 +0200
Hi,

I've set up an host in my BackupPC configuration mostly for restoration
purposes. Meaning that I don't want to backup this fake host but only
use it when I need to restore something.

        # backup-restore.pl - Fake host for on site restoration.
        $Conf{ClientNameAlias} = "backup";

        # Transport method configuration.
        $Conf{XferMethod} = 'rsync';
        $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '/bin/true';
        $Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = '$rsyncPath $argList+';

        # What to backup.
        $Conf{RsyncShareName} = [
          '/srv/backup/restore',
        ];

The problem with this configuration is that BackupPC will try to backup
this host and will obviously fail. I tried to put `/bin/true` in place
of the usual `rsync` path, but it doesn't help. How can I make BackupPC
believe that backup of this host succeeded?

Or is there any other way to have a restoration only host?

--
Jimmy