BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup doesn't save all files - excluding isn't working

2013-07-11 07:31:45
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup doesn't save all files - excluding isn't working
From: Christoph Buchenberg <christoph.buchenberg AT epos-cat DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 12:48:13 +0200
Hello,

I've got some problems with a backup via ftp.
The backup hang up at one certain point: in the folder /log is a file
called ".md5sums". Caused by missing permissions I'm not able to change
these or delete or read it. The same issue has BackupPC. He tries to
read the file and get the message "Permission denied".

He attempt to backup this file (more than 100 times) and at the end (I
think, there's such a timeout) he cancels attempting to download, picks
the next directory (/mail) and prints "No such file or directory". And
this message appears for every directory under the /logs directory.

No I tried to exclude the md5sums-file. My config additional looks like

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '*' => [
    '*.md5sums'
  ]
};

But he also tries to backup the md5sums-file (again for more than 100
times) and finish with the same errormessage above.

My version of BackupPC is 3.2.0 - I'm updating it next. But out auf the
changelog I don't think this update helps me out of my problem.

Thanks for replies!

Sincerly,

Christoph Buchenberg