BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not obeying blackout times

2013-05-22 16:55:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not obeying blackout times
From: Zach <lacelle AT roboticresearch DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 16:53:34 -0400
This is true only for one host.  This is why I wouldn't want to change ping to /bin/true...I want it to still work correctly for other hosts.

-Zach

On 05/22/2013 04:44 PM, Timothy J Massey wrote:
Zach <lacelle AT roboticresearch DOT com> wrote on 05/22/2013 03:36:00 PM:

> Thank you Arnold.  Is there any way for me to tell BackupPC to ignore
> the preconditions?  I don't care if this guy has backed up before, or if
> he doesn't have an overdue backup, or if he has enough good pings.  I
> just never want a backup to start between 8am and 5pm, period.

I don't know if you can get rid of *all* of them, but you can change ping to /bin/true and change the ping count to 1 (or maybe even 0, though I'm not sure it's possible) to at least significantly reduce the possibility of it running.

Also, is this true for some hosts, or *ALL* hosts for that server?  If so, you could adjust the WakeupSchedule to exclude those times (but remember that you want the *first* WakeupSchedule to be during a time when you are *not* doing backups:  see the documentation for details).

Tim Massey

Out of the Box Solutions, Inc.
Creative IT Solutions Made Simple!

http://www.OutOfTheBoxSolutions.com