BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not obeying blackout times

2013-05-22 13:55:27
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC not obeying blackout times
From: Arnold Krille <arnold AT arnoldarts DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 19:53:39 +0200
Am 2013-05-22 16:05, schrieb Zach La Celle:
> I'm running BackupPC 3.2.1 on a Ubuntu 12.04 linux distribution.
>
> I've created a custom perl file for one of my hosts (through the web
> interface) to disable backups during the day, and only allow them to
> be
> queued at night.  However, backups are still being queued in
> disallowed
> times.
>
> Under "Schedule" on the host's config options in the web interface, I
> have the following:
> BlackoutPeriods:
> Override (checked)
> hourBegin 8
> hourEnd 17
> weekDays 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
>
> There are spaces after the commas in weekDays
>
> In the perl file for the host, I have the following (direct copy):
> $Conf{BlackoutPeriods} = [
>    {
>      'hourEnd' => '17',
>      'weekDays' => [
>        1,
>        2,
>        3,
>        4,
>        5
>      ],
>      'hourBegin' => '8'
>    }
> ];
>
> However, I had a backup begin at 10:00 after making these changes.
>
> What do I need to do differently?

BlackOutPeriod will only be honored if there are enough good pings. And
if there is no overdue backup scheduled. And if there is at least one
good backup.
And its in the servers timezone, could be you are using a UTC-blackout
while your office-work-hours are in CEST or something.

And BlackOutPeriod only affects the start-time of backups, no backup
will be interrupted by the beginning of the period.

Have fun,

Arnold