BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC web interface handing when retrieving host info, after a backup

2013-05-10 19:15:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC web interface handing when retrieving host info, after a backup
From: Norman Goldstein <normvcr AT telus DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 16:14:04 -0700
I want to track down the following error message that my browser gives me:
=============================

Gateway Timeout

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

=============================

This happens after I  choose the host, from the BackupPC web page dropdown menu,
which I just successfully backed up manually via that same host's home screen.
The host name is melodic, and this is the http request that is hanging:

http://localhost/backuppc?host=melodic

In  BackupPC.conf is the line

ScriptAlias     /backuppc               /usr/share/BackupPC/sbin/BackupPC_Admin

so, BackupPC_Admin is the script that is being called:

-rwsr-x---. 1 backuppc apache 6468 Jan 20 11:40 BackupPC_Admin
-rwxr-x---. 1 backuppc apache 3993 Jan 20 11:40 BackupPC_Admin.pl

Unfortunately, I cannot trace into BackupPC_Admin, since it is a binary file.
How is it related to the perl version?

Perchance, any insights into why this html request is hanging?  Requests for other hosts or server pages work fine.
I just replaced the network drive onto which BackupPC is doing the backups, so might there be an inconsistency in between the lack of initial files on the network drive and the existing files on the BackupPC server?

Thank you.