BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Restores only directories and not directory content

2012-11-14 19:36:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Restores only directories and not directory content
From: Gary Roach <gary719_list1 AT verizon DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:35:36 -0800
On 11/14/2012 03:54 PM, Michael Stowe wrote:

>> OK, I did the following:
>> mkdir /tar
>> chown backuppc:backuppc /tar        a place to store the tar file
>> cd /usr/share/backuppc/bin               to get to the
>> BackupPC_tarCreate script
>> su backuppc                                        logged in as backuppc
>> then ran:
>> $./BackupPC_tarCreate -n 169 -h localhost -s />  /tar/target.tar
>>
>> The script ran, printed out the help menu and created an empty target.tar
>>
>> There were 2 comments about depreciated commands in the script but no
>> errors.
>>
>> Now what.
>>
>> Gary R
>>
> Was this from a backup of "localhost"?

No. Localhost is the system where backuppc resides and where the stored
backup files are kept. The actual computer system that I am trying to
restore - lets call super2
for want of a name. The backuppc file for super2 is #169. The actual
data is kept on a second hard drive on localhost that is accessed thru
/var/lib/backuppc/ . I found the instructions a bit confusing at this
point as to what  -h should be. It seemed a bit redundant to be calling
out the computer that is running the commands.

Gary R