BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC suddenly stopped sending email

2012-10-31 23:09:50
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC suddenly stopped sending email
From: Sam Barham <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:30:06 -0700
I have several servers running BackupPC.  They were created at different times
and in different data centers.  They are all on Debiuan Lenny or Debian
Squeeze.  They've all worked just fine until around the 17th of October when
they all simultanueously stopped sending email to me.  Backups are still
working, and I can see in the logs where BackupPC_Nightly is calling
BackupPC_sendEmail every night, but no email is coming through.  If I manually
run BackupPC_sendEmail -u, it works and sends me a test email.

There's no evidence in the system logs of any attempt to send email, successful
or not, so it looks to me like BackupPC_sendEmail is failing to send anything.

One other thing that I noticed is that recently it's got to the point where
running the backups is taking almost a full 24 hours to complete, which could
be interfering with things, except that one of the hosts has been full for a
while (and sending me an email every night complaining that it can't do
anything), and even that one has stopped sending email.

I didn't notice until now, and the logs have all rolled over far enough that I
don't have logs for the time before the email stopped sending.

Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be, or more places I can
look for clues?