BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] No more free inodes

2012-10-04 09:08:53
Subject: [BackupPC-users] No more free inodes
From: Frédéric Massot <frederic AT juliana-multimedia DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:06:45 +0200
Hi,

The night's backup has not worked, in logs there is an error message on
the hards links. I rebooted the server to do a fsck. It found no error,
but did not start backuppc.

In the log there : Can't create a test hardlink between a file in
/var/lib/backuppc/pc and /var/lib/backuppc/cpool.  Either these are
different file systems, or this file system doesn't support hardlinks,
or these directories don't exist, or there is a p

Backuppc directory "/var/lib/backuppc" is in a logical volume
"/dev/mapper/vg01-lv_backup".

There are 4 SATA drives in RAID 10 with MD, and logical volumes for the
system, swap and Backuppc directory. Partitions are in ext4.

The df command indicates that all inodes are used.

# df -h
Filesystem                   Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg01-lv_backup    918G  627G  246G  72% /var/lib/backuppc

# df -i
Filesystem                  Inodes IUsed  IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/vg01-lv_backup  60186624 60186624  0  100% /var/lib/backuppc

The inode number of the ext4 is static.

- How can I do to increase the number of inodes?

- I can replace one by one the 500GB drives with 1TB drive, increase the
logical volume for Backuppc and the file system ?

- Can we change the inode_ratio while resize a ext4 filesystem?

Regards.
|              FRÉDÉRIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic AT juliana-multimedia DOT com   |
| +33.(0)2.97.54.77.94  +33.(0)6.67.19.95.69 |