BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Per host host.pl not found on new CentOS 6.3 install

2012-09-24 13:46:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Per host host.pl not found on new CentOS 6.3 install
From: Daniel Doughty <dan AT heartofamericait DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 12:16:57 -0500

Thanks for the support guys.  You're right, once I edited the per host config the directory and files showed up.

I was having a weird issue where it's passing a -N flag in the smbclient backup command string which denotes anonymous access even though I supplied a password.  I removed it and can now backup the Server 2003 client I've been testing with.

Hopefully will be able to start using it for a customer this week.  Thanks again for the great assistance!

Daniel J. Doughty
Owner
Heart of America IT
816-974-8649
http://HeartOfAmericaIT.com

-----
This message was sent from a mobile device.  Please excuse any terseness or mispellings.

On Sep 21, 2012 12:55 PM, "Tony Molloy" <tony.molloy AT ul DOT ie> wrote:
On Friday 21 September 2012 16:22:29 Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Friday 21 September 2012 16:11:26 Tony Molloy wrote:
> > On Friday 21 September 2012 13:17:26 Daniel J. Doughty wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I've got BackupPC running and backing up linux boxes fine.  I'm
> > > now trying to back up a Windows 2003 box.  I've got the SMB
> > > shared out and now want to set the password in backuppc but
> > > just want to do it for this host.  So I went searching for the
> > > CONFDIR/pc/ subdir and couldn't find it.  All I can find is my
> > > TOPDIR/pc/ subdir.
> > >
> > > Any idea what I'm missing here?
> >
> > Incredible I am just doing the same thing myself. Installing
> > BackupPC-3.2 on a CentOS-6.3 box replacing 3.1 on an old
> > CentOS-5.8 box and was just about to ask the same question.
> >
> > I'm just running a test now.
> >
> > I created the /etc/BackupPC/pc directory and put a per-host
> > config file there so I'll see if the backup kicks off in a few
> > minutes and let you know.
> >
> > Tony

That's it. Create the directory /etc/BackupPC/pc. owner
backuppc:backuppc. Copy the per-host file into it, owner
backuppc:backuppc, and away you go.

Or you could go with Les's way and configure the web interface, which
you'll probably want to do anyway. Thank's Les ;-)

Tony