BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Per host host.pl not found on new CentOS 6.3 install

2012-09-21 11:23:35
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Per host host.pl not found on new CentOS 6.3 install
From: Tony Molloy <tony.molloy AT ul DOT ie>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 16:22:29 +0100
On Friday 21 September 2012 16:11:26 Tony Molloy wrote:
> On Friday 21 September 2012 13:17:26 Daniel J. Doughty wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've got BackupPC running and backing up linux boxes fine.  I'm
> > now trying to back up a Windows 2003 box.  I've got the SMB
> > shared out and now want to set the password in backuppc but just
> > want to do it for this host.  So I went searching for the
> > CONFDIR/pc/ subdir and couldn't find it.  All I can find is my
> > TOPDIR/pc/ subdir.
> >
> > Any idea what I'm missing here?
>
> Incredible I am just doing the same thing myself. Installing
> BackupPC-3.2 on a CentOS-6.3 box replacing 3.1 on an old CentOS-5.8
> box and was just about to ask the same question.
>
> I'm just running a test now.
>
> I created the /etc/BackupPC/pc directory and put a per-host config
>  file there so I'll see if the backup kicks off in a few minutes
>  and let you know.
>
> Tony

Ok BackupPC seemed to find the per-host config file, just didn't do any
backup. But that could be another problem ;-(

It created the directory /var/lib/BackupPB/pc/host. So I assume that
meant it found the config file and attempted a backup which failed. Just
an empty LOG file and a LOCK file in the directory.

Tony