BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Process for Overriding hosts configuration

2012-07-10 10:14:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Process for Overriding hosts configuration
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:12:54 -0500
> The Windows 7 Junctions (which fail) are important directories in Windows
> XP, and I've made an effort to exclude all the junctions from Windows 7.

Huh.  XP doesn't have any junction points by default (although it supports
them) so I guess you mean you're excluding 7 junctions like "Documents and
Settings" instead of backing them up.

We just back them up here, because it's simpler and hey, who wants to
recreate 50 junction points manually?  Then again, we also back up the
registries and open files, since those are important to us.  We only
exclude cache and temp directories, as I recall, and have had the
horrifying occasion to perform full restores.