BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Q: not-expected? behaviour for 'BackupPC_tarCreate' ?

2012-06-16 06:03:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Q: not-expected? behaviour for 'BackupPC_tarCreate' ?
From: Pascal Mosimann <pascal.mosimann AT alternatique DOT ch>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 12:01:58 +0200
Le 13. 06. 12 15:49, Tim Chipman a écrit :
> I was under the impression that a command as follows:
>
> /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h mainserver -s OfficeDocs
> -n -1 .>  most-recent.tar

Hi, I'm using the following command to create a tar gzipped file:

$ARCCMD $TARCMD $SPLTCMD $PARCMD $HOST -1 $ZIPCMD .gz 0000000 $ARCPATH 0 "*"

Which looks like this on the BackupPC server:

/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_archiveHost
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate /usr/bin/split /usr/bin/par2
<hostname> -1 /bin/gzip .gz 0000000 /local/offsite 0 "*"

  * Replace <hostname> by mainserver in your case.
  * Instead of /local/offsite, use a directory of your choice to store
    your 60GB archive.
  * And keep the quotes around the star (as it is: "*")

HTH
P. Mosimann