BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourced BackupPC project - Please comment

2012-06-11 12:23:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Outsourced BackupPC project - Please comment
From: Timothy J Massey <tmassey AT obscorp DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:07:13 -0400
I don't disagree with you that he's expecting a lot for a little, but with
outsourcing websites like that, that is exactly why they're in business:
catering to people who want a lot of work done for a little amount of
money. "Too much " and "too little" are in the eye of the beholder, of
course.

>>From my personal experience, projects like this with a maximum bid very
close to the minimum number on the range tend to attract people who are
more interested in getting the bid and then adding extra cost after they
are in the project, rather than somebody who is giving a reasonable number
with a reasonable expectation of completing the project.

Timothy J. Massey
Sent from my iPad

On Jun 11, 2012, at 11:49 AM, "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
wrote:

> You state "with encrypted data", but don't define what that means. Do you
> mean AES-encrypted filesystem, or are you referring to the use of
OpenVPN?

http://www.vworker.com/RentACoder/misc/BidRequests/ShowBidRequest.asp?lngBidRequestId=1902941#

> > Request please give your feedback on it. Suggestions, Critique. Maybe
> > something to make the project more practical & so on.
> >
> > Of course, would love if someone from the list would bid.
> >
> > With best regards.
> > Sanjay.

> > Live Security Virtual Conference
> > threat landscape has changed and how IT managers can respond.
Discussions