BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC Windows Client

2012-05-11 18:05:06
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Windows Client
From: "Michael Stowe" <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:42:16 -0500
Based on some of the work here http://www.goodjobsucking.com/?p=62 and
elsewhere, I finally put together a package that allows more-or-less
instant installation of a scripted client for Windows machines for
BackupPC that handles:

- Open files (VSS)
- Wake on LAN

For the past 3 years or so, this has gone through a number of tweaks, but
now I'm comfortable that it's a one-click, seamless installation, once the
server side is set up.  It includes all the necessary binaries

I'm making it available here:

http://www.michaelstowe.com/backuppc/

(If there are banner ads, feel free to ignore them, they help pay for
bandwidth.)

Questions/comments welcome, of course.