BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] smb backup broken

2012-05-07 16:50:25
Subject: [BackupPC-users] smb backup broken
From: Christian Fuchs <mail AT frazar DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 22:48:22 +0200
I have the following setup:

I am running backuppc 3.2.1 on an Ubuntu 12.04 server. I use it to
backup data from my Windows 7 64bit desktop and Windows 7 32bit Laptop.
The backup method is smb which is used to backup C:\Users and other folders.

Today, a full backup of my desktop was due. But suddenly, I get an error
that says: "No files dumped for share c$". In the XferLog I found the
following:

full backup started for share c$
Xfer PIDs are now 13596,13595
Domain=[XXXXX] OS=[Windows 7 Professional 7601 Service Pack 1]
Server=[Windows 7 Professional 6.1]
tarmode is now full, system, hidden, noreset, verbose
NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE listing \Users\All Users\*
NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE listing \Users\*
NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE listing \Users
tar: dumped 2 files and directories
Total bytes written: 0
tarExtract: Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at
/usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Storage/Text.pm line 302.
tarExtract: Use of qw(...) as parentheses is deprecated at
/usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Lib.pm line 1425.
   create d 755       0/0           0 Users
   create d 755       0/0           0 Users/All Users
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp,
0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal

It seems that after encountering the NT_STATUS error, backuppc simply
stops the backup of that share and moves on to the next one.

Since I never encountered that issue before, I checked the last working
full backup and noticed the same errors. However, backuppc then moved on
to the next folder instead of the next share. The result under "browse
backups" is an empty folder named "All Users" which is fine with me.

Another interessting bit of information: I updated from Ubuntu 11.10 to
12.04 last week so the last working full backup was done under 11.10.
Does this have something to do with my problem?

I'd be glad if anyone could shed some light on the issue.

Regards,

Christian