BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc failing to start - Apache user error?

2012-04-12 10:52:38
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc failing to start - Apache user error?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 09:50:52 -0500
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 8:50 AM, Joseph Reeves <iknowjoseph AT gmail DOT com>
wrote:

> I've inherited a backuppc system that was working as expected until this
> morning when the web interface showed an error. I tried to restart backuppc,
> but can't get the service to start:
>
> jreeves@lancbkup:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/backuppc start
>  * Starting
> backuppc...
> /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC: Wrong user: my userid is 106, instead of
> (backuppchttp://10.1.0.110/backuppc/index.cgi?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_wakeupschedule_)
> Please su
> backuppchttp://10.1.0.110/backuppc/index.cgi?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_wakeupschedule_
> first
> BackupPC::Lib->new failed
> jreeves@lancbkup:~$ sudo su backuppc
> backuppc@lancbkup:/home/jreeves$ /etc/init.d/backuppc start
>  * Starting
> backuppc...
> /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC: Wrong user: my userid is 106, instead of
> (backuppchttp://10.1.0.110/backuppc/index.cgi?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_wakeupschedule_)
> Please su
> backuppchttp://10.1.0.110/backuppc/index.cgi?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_wakeupschedule_
> first
> BackupPC::Lib->new failed
> backuppc@lancbkup:/home/jreeves$
>
> I'm running version 3.0.0-4ubuntu1 on Ubuntu Hardy.
>
> I've read that people have caused this issue by changing backuppc's userid,
> but this is not something I've done. I have recently changed wakeupschedule
> configuration, however.
>
> Presumably this is a permissions issue - would appreciate any pointers.

This looks like something different.  Has your main config.pl file (in
/etc/backuppc or wherever the ubuntu package puts it) changed recently
and do you have a backup?   It should be finding the correct user name
in this file which should have something like:
#
# The BackupPC user.
#
$Conf{BackupPCUser} = 'backuppc';

But your $Conf{BackupPCUser} seems to be set to

backuppchttp://10.1.0.110/backuppc/index.cgi?action=view&type=docs#item__conf_wakeupschedule_