BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to move to a new remove server?

2012-04-10 06:25:41
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to move to a new remove server?
From: Tim Fletcher <tim AT night-shade.org DOT uk>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 11:24:09 +0100
On 08/04/12 00:31, Alexander, Clint Mr ARMY GUEST USA USAMC USA wrote:

Hello everyone.

I'm joining the list for the first time in attempts to figure out a problem I cannot find a solution for no matter what keywords I have searched for...

I have 2 servers at a hosting company; an old one having a long and large pool of BackupPC data on it. The new one is replacing the old one.

The hard drive cannot be removed from the old server and added to the new one. It simply  needs to be copied from one location to the other via the internal GB network (no backup tapes or CD's or anything else, strictly network copy only).

My question is, How?

On the old server:

dd if=/dev/oldbackuppcfs bs=1M | ssh -c arcfour -l root newserver dd of=/dev/newbackuppcfs

This is the best way to move a backuppc filesystem by just copying the raw filesystem about.
--
Tim Fletcher <tim AT night-shade.org DOT uk>