BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] $hostIP does not seem to be taken into account

2012-04-03 12:08:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] $hostIP does not seem to be taken into account
From: Moritz Lennert <moritzlennert AT altern DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 17:31:58 +0200
Hello,

I have a Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze server running backuppc 3.1.0. I have
a client machine (vdm) also running Debian GNU/Linux Squeeze which
receives its IP address from a DHCP server.

I can find the client's IP address by calling

nmblookup vdm.

I have the following host file entry:

vdm     0       xxxxxxx

and the following overrides in vdm.pl:

$Conf{RsyncClientCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $hostIP $rsyncPath
$argList+';
$Conf{RsyncClientRestoreCmd} = '$sshPath -q -x -l root $hostIP
$rsyncPath $argList+';

However, everytime I try to launch a backup, I get a "Backup aborted
(Unable to read 4 bytes)" error. The ssh line used by backuppc is:

/usr/bin/ssh -q -x -l root vdm /usr/bin/rsync --server --sender
--numeric-ids --perms --owner --group -D --links --hard-links --times
--block-size=2048 --recursive --ignore-times . /PATH/TO/USER/DIRS

i.e. it seems to try to connect to $host instead of $hostIP.

I just can't find out what is wrong with my config.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Moritz