BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC_archiveHost Question

2012-03-22 20:23:16
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_archiveHost Question
From: Mark Wass <mark AT market-analyst DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:28:22 +1000
Hi Guys

I use the BackupPC_archiveHost command to archive my backups to a hard drive.

I've recently discovered pbzip2 and I'm specifying /usr/bin/pbzip2 in my archive command as the location to my compression software. What I want to know, is there a way I can use pbzip2 flags in my command.

For example I'd like to be able to run the compression command like this... /usr/bin/pbzip2 -v

The "v" option outputs some nice compression information about the file that looks like this

Parallel BZIP2 v1.0.5 - by: Jeff Gilchrist [http://compression.ca]
[Jan. 08, 2009]             (uses libbzip2 by Julian Seward)

         # CPUs: 2
 BWT Block Size: 900k
File Block Size: 900k
         File #: 1 of 1
     Input Name: test.log
    Output Name: test.log.bz2

     Input Size: 199968 bytes
Compressing data (no threads)...
    Output Size: 9390 bytes

     Wall Clock: 0.303587 seconds

how can I specify pbzip2 options in the command?

Thanks

Mark