BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Extracting Checksums from Backuppc Quickly?

2012-03-01 10:08:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Extracting Checksums from Backuppc Quickly?
From: "Jeffrey J. Kosowsky" <backuppc AT kosowsky DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2012 10:06:20 -0500
See the archives or the Wikki - I have written routines that check the
embedded md4sum checksums (available with rsync transfer method after
the second time a file is backed up) against the file contents. This
checks integrity.

I have also written a routine that adds the md4 checksum to files that
do not yet have it (e.g., files that have only been backed up once
under rsync).