BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] ping frequency / blackout not working correctly

2012-02-26 15:39:46
Subject: [BackupPC-users] ping frequency / blackout not working correctly
From: Till Hofmann <hofmanntill AT googlemail DOT com>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 21:37:30 +0100
Hey,

in the manual, it says:
So a setting for $Conf{BlackoutGoodCnt} of 7 means it will take around 7 days for a machine to be subject to blackout.

Which makes sense because it says, it only pings a pc when a backup is due.

According to my log, the last bad ping is only three days ago (and there were more than $BlackoutBadPingLimit bad pings)  :
2012-02-23 12:00:11 no ping response
My $Conf{BlackoutGoodCnt} is set to 20.
Nevertheless, it tells me
Because $host has been on the network at least 20 consecutive times, it will not be backed up from 7:00 to 23:00 on Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat.
How could it do 20 successful pings in only three days if it only pings once per IncrPeriod (as long as the ping is successful every time)?
I wouldn't care about the pings if it was not about blackout... I want the blackouts to work and I've set it to a very high BlackoutGoodCnt. Of course I could disable it for some hosts in the per-host config, but for me it looks like it's not working as it is supposed to after all.
Have you seen the same behaviour? Do you know any good workaround (without changing every host specific config)? After all, do you think this is the desired behaviour?

Thanks for any comments
Till