BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I've Tried Everything

2012-02-16 15:39:57
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I've Tried Everything
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:46:32 -0600
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 8:59 AM, Zach Lanich <zlanich AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
After using the # cat /var/lib/backuppc/.ssh/Config StrictHostKeyChecking on, im now getting:

Running: /usr/bin/ssh -q -x -n -l root zachs-macbook-pro env LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/tar -c -v -f - -C /Users/zlanich/Sites --totals .
full backup started for directory /Users/zlanich/Sites
Xfer PIDs are now 29485,29484
Tar exited with error 65280 () status
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (Tar exited with error 65280 () status)
Backup aborted (lost network connection during backup)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one (got 0 and 0 files versus 35249)

This one didn't even start which almost always means your ssh keys aren't working or you didn't manually connect the first time to accept the new host key.

Using Tar. I have a Quick network with Gigabit and Wireless N. I'm dumfounded as to how it could be having network issues midbackup

Wireless???  Can you plug it into the network?