BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Accessing old backuppc server

2012-02-16 14:45:12
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Accessing old backuppc server
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 09:57:07 -0500
On 02/16 09:45 , Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Now I need to access some information from one of the old backups.  I
> can boot it up normally, but I want to make sure that BackupPC does not
> try to run any backups or do any cleanup while I'm working with it.  I
> know there's a flag I can set to prevent backups from running, but what
> do I need to do to prevent the cleanup from removing any of the existing
> backups?

To disable backups, set this in your config.pl:
$Conf{BackupsDisable} = 2;

BackupPC shouldn't delete old backups if new ones aren't being run. (tho
this depends on settings). If you want to be really certain, stop the
BackupPC process when you aren't actively browsing/restoring files. :)

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator