BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I've Tried Everything

2012-02-16 14:27:25
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I've Tried Everything
From: "Robert E. Wooden" <rbrtewdn AT comcast DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:57:58 -0600
Every time I have created a new client I have to run:

sudo -u backuppc /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_dump -v -f [insert_your_backupclient_name_here]

This is the first suggestion at;

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/backuppc/index.php?title=Troubleshooting

I am suggesting this because, if my memory serves me correctly, it allows you to accept the ssh string. Just let the backuppc complete and in a day or so backuppc will process the client properly. (I never really researched why BackupPC does this. I just discovered that this works for my "first time backups" and all works great after.) This has always been my work around for this first backup failure issue.
Robert Wooden
Nashville, TN. USA

Computer Freedom? . . . Linux