BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc is Hammering My Clients

2012-01-31 19:48:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backuppc is Hammering My Clients
From: Steve <leperas AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 19:47:49 -0500
> On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Kimball Larsen <quangdog AT gmail DOT com>
> wrote:
>> Is there anything I can to to have the backups run in a more transparent
>> manner?  We are not all that concerned with speed of backup process - we're
>> all here all day anyway, so as long as everyone gets a backup at least once
>> a day we're happy.

check the "nice" level during the backup (on the client) and see where
rsync is running.  If it's the same as the other user processes, maybe
change the $Conf{RsyncClientCmd} to include a nice level?  I know that
is suggested here:
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/faq/ssh.html

A.

--
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of
cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no