BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC Restores

2012-01-04 17:33:44
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC Restores
From: Ralph Weaver <ralph AT cybrhost DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:31:19 -0500
We ran into an issue with a backuppc restore where we had unknown files
causing issues due to existance.  We tried to restore thinking it would
remove the extraneous files as a normal rsync with the --delete option
does, but it didn't do this (and the files are mixed in with files
essential for running the system.)  It left the extra files and replaced
the other files with the correct version that was backed up.  We tried
to add --delete to the restore args but of course since File::RsyncP
doesn't support that it didn't work.

Is there any way around this issue aside from restoring directly to a
different directory and then rsyncing those files over with a --delete
to the main system?

Regards,

Ralph