BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Rsync method with $Conf{RsyncShareName} and $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} causes hangups?

2012-01-02 12:57:23
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Rsync method with $Conf{RsyncShareName} and $Conf{BackupFilesExclude} causes hangups?
From: Johan Wilfer <lists AT jttech DOT se>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 18:55:46 +0100
2012-01-02 18:45, Les Mikesell skrev:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Johan Wilfer <lists AT jttech DOT se> wrote:
>
>> When I use the BackupFilesExclude-option I notice that the remote
>> rsync-server sometimes "goes away".
> The most likely cause of processes 'going away' would be the linux
> out-of-memory killer.  Is that possible here - perhaps a large number
> of directory entries?  Maybe it isn't the exclude option itself, but
> the fact that you need to use it for that target.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's not the case this time. One of the
targets it crashes on has only one file.
Both machines are Debian Squeeze AMD64, the backup server that receives
the backup has 5GB ram, the client has 12GB.

It works one time, next full backup you have to stop. Then it works one
time. And so on...

Very strange.

/Johan