BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk was too full !!!

2011-12-28 07:22:44
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk was too full !!!
From: Matthias Meyer <matthias.meyer AT gmx DOT li>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 13:19:27 +0100
Luis Calvo wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I receive this message from my BackupPC server:

> The following hosts had an error that is probably caused by a
> misconfiguration.  Please fix these hosts:
>
>   - XXXXXXXX (Child exited prematurely)
>   - XXXXXXXX (Child exited prematurely)
>   - XXXXXXXX (Child exited prematurely)
>
> Yesterday 170 hosts were skipped because the file system containing
> /Storage/Disk was too full.  The threshold in the
> configuration file is 95%, while yesterday the file system was
> up to 100% full.  Please find more space on the file system,
> or reduce the number of full or incremental backups that we keep.

> I saw that exist an script "BackupPC_deletebackup" and I try to using it
> to delete some backups and get more free space on the disk, but I have
> problems.
>
> I've got a message:
>
> ./BackupPC_deleteBackup: 43: declare: not found
> ./BackupPC_deleteBackup: 44: declare: not found
> ./BackupPC_deleteBackup: 45: declare: not found
> ./BackupPC_deleteBackup: 47: Syntax error: "(" unexpected
>
> I'm really newbie on this, can anyone help me, please?
>
> What I need to do to get more free space on the disk for new backups?
>
> Thank's in advance, and regards.

Probably you are using dash instead bash. Try "ls -lh /bin/bash". I would
believe it is a softlink to /bin/dash. To resolve the problem you can
install bash (e.g. apt-get install bash) and run BackupPC_deleteBackup
again.

Another way is to reduce the amount of stored old backups. See
$Conf{FullKeepCnt} as well as $Conf{IncrKeepCnt}.

But I would propose to add disk capacity. Because of pooling (file
deduplication) by backuppc I would believe that your storage requirements
will be reduced by removing hosts but not by removing backups.

br
Matthias
--
Don't Panic