BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] 8.030.000, Too much files to backup ?

2011-12-16 05:51:47
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] 8.030.000, Too much files to backup ?
From: Jean Spirat <jean.spirat AT squirk DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:49:44 +0100
r.

> I would suggest you try the following:
>
> Move to tar over ssh on the remote webserver, the first full backup
> might well take a long time but the following ones should be faster.
>
> tar+ssh backups however use more bandwidth but as you are already using
> nfs I am assuming you are on a local network of some sort.

Hum i cannot directly use the FS i have no access to the NFS server that
is on the hosting company side i just have access to the webserver that
use the nfs partition to store  it's content. Right now i also mount the
nfs share on the backup server so that way i have not the overhead of
ssh in the mix (but yes i am on a 1000mbps  lan for the NFS and backup
server).

for my understanding  rsync had allways seems to be the most efficient
of the two but i never challenged this "fact" ;p

  i will have a look at tar and see if i can work with it .

If any other person has some experience in it feel free to contribute :)

regards,
Jean.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011