BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk Full?

2011-12-12 04:27:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk Full?
From: Tim Fletcher <tim AT night-shade.org DOT uk>
To: cvoelker AT knebb DOT de, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:25:57 +0000
On Mon, 2011-12-12 at 08:25 +0100, Christian Völker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I got an email from my backuppc host this night:
> Yesterday 160 hosts were skipped because the file system containing
> /var/lib/BackupPC/ was too full.  The threshold in the
> configuration file is 97%, while yesterday the file system was
> up to 96% full.
> So I'm wondering about two facts there:
> 1. I don't have 160 hosts- where is this number coming from?
> 2. is 97% lower than 96%?

The filesystem may have become less full after the backups failed to
start but before the email was sent as the nightly tidying run will have
taken place.

ie in time order:

backups (failed) -> nightly tidying run (removes some old files) ->
sending email

--
Tim Fletcher <tim AT night-shade.org DOT uk>

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011