BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] My problems with restore.

2011-08-31 04:35:51
Subject: [BackupPC-users] My problems with restore.
From: Joe Skop <joe.skop AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:34:28 +0200
Hi,

since a big failure of Amazon ec2 in August for the EU Region, I
recovered many instances. Many was done simply using previous aws
snapshots, many others by hand, using the backuppc help.

Well, this is the first time after many years I used the recovering
procedures in backuppc, exept for some files or folders, sometimes.

I had a lot of problems. The solutions for recovering was, in my chase:

- Create an archive with the whole files, transfer on the new
instance, decompress it, and put on the right place;
- Download singolar files or folders, not bigger of 70/100 Mb (or the
download process hangs), transfer on the new instances and so like
before.

I did this because all the test I made for the recovering failed. I
try to recover some folders on the local server, to be transferred to
the righe server, but this was the result:

If I send the recovering form the web interface:

tarCreate: Done: 1 files, 14326 bytes, 0 dirs, 0 specials, 0 errors
Tar exited with error 65280 () status
restore failed: Tar exited with error 65280 () status

If I send the recovering via shell:

/usr/bin/ssh -x -l USER localhost env LC_ALL=C /bin/tar -x -p
--numeric-owner --same-owner -v -f - -C /tmp
/usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h SERVER_ORIG -n 134 -s
/mnt/dump -t -r /mysql -p /mysql/ /mysql/backup.log

/bin/tar: You may not specify more than one `-Acdtrux' option
Try `/bin/tar --help' or `/bin/tar --usage' for more information.

The servers are both ubuntu, the localhost 8.04 and the SERVER_ORIG 10.04.

Hope the details are sufficient for give me some help, thanks!

Regards,
JS

Hope