BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving a stockage of 32-bits server to a server 64 bits?

2011-08-14 15:29:04
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Moving a stockage of 32-bits server to a server 64 bits?
From: "Tyler J. Wagner" <tyler AT tolaris DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 20:27:02 +0100
On 2011-08-14 19:39, Frederic MASSOT wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I prepare a new backup server (64 bits) to replace a old server (32
> bits). I use data compression.
>
> Does the "/var/lib/backuppc" directory (Debian system) can be moved from
> the old server to the new?
>
> Is the backuppc home directory is independent of 32 or 64 bits?

Yes, BackupPC is independent of CPU architecture.

However, if you are using BackupPC on Debian or Ubuntu, the "pool size"
graphs are made with rrdtool, which IS architecture-dependent. See:

http://www.tolaris.com/2010/09/06/rrdtool-this-rrd-was-created-on-other-architecture/

Regards,
Tyler

--
"No one can terrorize a whole nation, unless we are all his accomplices."
   -- Edward R. Murrow