BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] force statistics regeneration

2011-08-10 11:31:31
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] force statistics regeneration
From: Adam Monsen <haircut AT gmail DOT com>
To: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 10:29:34 -0500
Holger Parplies wrote:
> you don't need to, it's updated automatically by BackupPC_nightly, which is
> automatically run regularly. It isn't? Well, it should be. You shouldn't
> prevent that unless you know exactly what you are doing (and even then I don't
> think you should).

I noticed the other day that the stats were incorrect, but running the
nightly job (either my wrong way or your safe way) didn't help.

I'm not explicitly preventing the nightly job from running, but my
computer is only fully online during my normal work day (8am-6pm or so).
I put it to sleep at night. Maybe the nightly job doesn't get the chance
to run?

I just changed $Conf{WakeupSchedule} to the following:
11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,
8, 9, 10

According to the docs, that should ensure the nightly job gets a chance
to run every work day.

I'm not too worried about disk/cpu load during the nightly job. It only
takes a few seconds to run. This is a desktop that only backs up itself
(to a separate drive).

>   BackupPC_serverMesg BackupPC_nightly run
>
> will do what you want, and will even do so in a safe way.

Ok, that's good to know.

Thanks for your help!
-Adam