BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] force statistics regeneration

2011-08-02 17:12:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] force statistics regeneration
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: Adam Monsen <haircut AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 23:10:05 +0200
Hi,

Adam Monsen wrote on 2011-08-02 19:30:08 +0000 [[BackupPC-users] force
statistics regeneration]:
> How do I force regeneration of the statistics that appear
> on the backuppc main/home page? For instance: "Pool file
> system was recently at 5% (8/2 14:19), today's max is 40%
> (7/20 01:00) and yesterday's max was 47%"

you don't need to, it's updated automatically by BackupPC_nightly, which is
automatically run regularly. It isn't? Well, it should be. You shouldn't
prevent that unless you know exactly what you are doing (and even then I don't
think you should).

> "BackupPC_nightly 0 255" didn't do it.

Right (I could explain why, but it's pointless), but it may have done other
harm. As always: NEVER RUN BackupPC_nightly BY HAND.

        BackupPC_serverMesg BackupPC_nightly run

will do what you want, and will even do so in a safe way.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Holger