BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] NFS woes

2011-08-08 10:32:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] NFS woes
From: "Phil K." <phillip.kennedy AT yankeeairmuseum DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net,backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:30:28 -0400
Look in to using the nolock option when mounting the device. Rrdtool can't get a file lock, which is likely causing your performance issues. I have the same device, and had similar performance issues.
~Phil
--
Sent from my Android phone with K-9.

mombars <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
Hi there.

I'm not an expert on backuppc nor NFS, but I've been using those tools to backup data on my little businness as well as at home. English is not my language so I beg your comprehension for the errors or mistakes.

After seeking internet for a whole day, I finally met this topic, happy to meet one person with the same weird problems that I have with Backuppc-NAS-Web Client. I've recently changed Backuppc behaviour to point to a DNS-320 D-Link NAS device instead of my local disk, to provide more storage space to Backuppc, and I have experienced the same issues that comfi has. Everything seems fine, as no error messages are thrown at startup, but web interface becomes so extremely slow that is unusable.

Tried a dd test and everything seems fine as far as NFS is concerned. I think that the real problem is in the web user interface. Apache usually throws this error after several minutes waiting for a response:

Gateway Time-out

The gateway did not receive a timely response from the upstream server or application.

If I change the pool location to local disk, the response to any click made on the user interface only lasts seconds. Something is *broken* somewhere in web client CGI's rather than NFS, I guess.

If comfi has finally found a solution to the problem, I'll appreciate his comments. Meanwhile, I'll keep backuppc pool on local disk and serialize backups to NAS device via NFS (which as I told, runs reasonably well with a simple *cp* command).

Cheers

+

+

http://p.sf.net/sfu/rim-blackberry-1