BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Can't locate BackupPC/Lib.pm on Centos5.6 x86_64

2011-08-03 20:58:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Can't locate BackupPC/Lib.pm on Centos5.6 x86_64
From: Richard Shaw <hobbes1069 AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 19:56:48 -0500
On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM, saed <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
wrote:
> Hello Backup Experts ,
>
> its my first post on this Decent site so please bear with me a little
> [Rolling Eyes]
> its almost a week trying to set up a Central Backup Server with BackupPC
> installed on Centos 5.6 x86_64,
> i found this nice Wiki
>  http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/BackupPC#head-5d07d8dbe326ba4c6eef46d55eacc7db0cffb479,
> to get my BackupPC installed .but unfortunately , i`m stuck in a known issue
> where . .

Well, I hate to tell you to start over, but :)

The first thing I would do is install a more "official" package. You
could go ahead and install 3.1.0 from the redhat el5 repo[1] but 3.2.1
is making it's way down the pipe. There's already a koji build[2].:

If you choose to use that package make sure you also download the two
perl modules mentioned in the changelog or you'll have to install with
"rpm --nodeps..." The only thing you'll loose is backup over FTP.

After that you should just need to setup your http user and password
and tweak the config file to your needs.

Richard

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL
[2] http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=256288