BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] summary page hanging on LOCK

2011-07-29 11:30:18
Subject: [BackupPC-users] summary page hanging on LOCK
From: Massimo <massimobalestra AT hotmail DOT com>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 08:28:45 -0700

Hi,

I need a help to solve this problem:

When I click on the “host summary” link, the browser remains hanged for ever.

The “Status” page, the “Edit config”, the “Edit Hosts”, “Admin Options” and below work correctly.

The problems are on the pages “Host Summary” and when from the drop down list I choose a host.

I am on backuppc version 3.2.1

I did some debugging (running index.cgi with the perl debugger “perl -d ./index.cgi action="">

And I found that it remain hanged at the following line

BackupPC::Storage::Text::BackupInfoRead(/usr/share/backuppc/lib/BackupPC/Storage/Text.pm:75):

75:         flock(LOCK, LOCK_EX) if open(LOCK, "$s->{TopDir}/pc/$host/LOCK");

I guess there is something strange in the file LOCK but if I run an ls –l I get

-rw-rw-rw- 1 backuppc backuppc 0 2011-07-28 23:23 /var/lib/backuppc/pc/<host name>/LOCK

It was working, then I had a problem on the RAID and I just rebuilt it from scratch.

If I delete the LOCK file it works, I can see the summary page but then this file is recreated at the next backup and it hangs again.

Is there anybody who can help me solve the problem?

Thanks

Massimo