BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Non-latin characters in BackupFilesOnly

2011-07-04 02:11:28
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Non-latin characters in BackupFilesOnly
From: Micha Silver <micha AT arava.co DOT il>
To: BackupPC-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 09:06:12 +0300

I'd like to specify a certain directory in a share (XferMethod smb) and this directory has UTF-8 characters. When running the backup I get in the log:

2011-07-04 08:49:07 adc2_handasa: Wide character in subroutine entry at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/Compress/Zlib.pm line 436.

backing up the whole share (with the non-latin directory names) works fine.

On the BAckupPC server (Centos 5.6), in /etc/sysconfig/i18n I have:

LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
SYSFONT="latarcyrheb-sun16"

Any suggestions how to work around this?

Thanks,

Micha