BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] smbclient and subdirectories backup

2011-06-29 10:04:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] smbclient and subdirectories backup
From: Adi Spivak <adispi AT compulab.co DOT il>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 16:42:57 +0300

hi.

i want to backup a spesific directory under a windows PC.

my server is on ubuntu.

when i try to access/backup the root dir ( for example smbclient  -U adminuser //comptername/d$/ -c "dir") i have no issues.

when i do this smbclient  -U adminuser //comptername/d$/ -c "cd subfolder; dir" i get the content.

but when i try to do this smbclient  -U adminuser //comptername/d$/subfolder -c "dir"

i get this error: NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

the same happens on backuppc - if i try the D$ it is ok, but too much data that i do not need, if i try D$\subfolder or D$/subfolder i get NT_STATUS_BAD_NETWORK_NAME

can you please point me to understand what is my issue?

Adi Spivak

IT Manager

MALAT Bldg., Technion, shderot rose st, HAIFA 32000

Mail: P.O Box 66, Nesher 36770. Israel

TelFax.: (+972) 48-290-124. (+972) 48-290-100

www.fit-pc.com

www.compulab.co.il