BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Spaces in rsync-conf

2011-06-27 09:41:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Spaces in rsync-conf
From: Daniel Spannbauer <ds AT marco DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:39:43 +0200
Hello,

I try to use the cygwin-rsync from Backuppc.
Cause of the German Language, the c:\Users-Folder is called
"c:\Dokumente und Einstellungen".
But rsync can't find that folder.

I tried it with
path = "/cygdrive/c/Dokumente und Einstellungen" and other quuotings,
but none worked. I always get the error "rsync: chdir
"/cygdrive/c/Dokumente und Einstellungen" failed: No such file or
directory (2)"

What is the right way to quote such a path?

Regards

Daniel

--
Daniel Spannbauer                         Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8333 9233-27 Fax -11