BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] multiple transfer protcols

2011-06-22 16:05:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] multiple transfer protcols
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 15:04:03 -0500
On 6/22/2011 2:42 PM, Jesse Callaway wrote:

> On the scope of per-host config statements:
>
> All configuration settings in the second through fifth groups can be
> overridden by the per-PC config.pl file.

[...]
> Does this mean that rsync and ftp are not configurable per-client? I'm
> not complaining, just checking up on my "sections 2-5" interpretation.

I suspect it means that someone added some sections after writing the
docs...   You'll probably be doing this through the web interface so it
will be obvious what you can override in the per-host configuration
because they are form items.  Note that ftp was added late in the game
and all of the packaged (.deb, .rpm) versions aren't up to the latest
backuppc version so you may or may not see it depending on what you
install.  But rsync is definitely something you can control per-target.