BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] multiple transfer protcols

2011-06-22 14:08:29
Subject: [BackupPC-users] multiple transfer protcols
From: Jesse Callaway <jcallaway AT squarespace DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:42:54 -0400
Is it possible to run smb, rsync, rsyncd, and tar all from a single BackupPC installation? Or is the default transfer protocol used globally for all clients?

Specifically, I have clients which I would prefer to use rsync over ssh with, however being that I have an equal number of windows machines I'd like to back up over smb I feel stuck. Supposing I don't want to screw around with rsync on windows, or smb shares on linux clients is it advisable to run multiple copies of BackupPC, or is there a way to do both types of backups using one instance?

Thanks much!

-jesse