BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Root disk grows linearly 1GB between 07h-09 and then drops back - each morning

2011-06-03 05:05:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Root disk grows linearly 1GB between 07h-09 and then drops back - each morning
From: Sean Boran <sean AT boran DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 09:59:30 +0200

*Each* morning my root disk free space drops by one 1GB, starting at 07:00 linearly until 09:00.
At 09:00, the 1GB is suddenly freed up again.
...and I'm trying to figure out why.

- The server is dedicated for backuppc.
- /var/lib/backuppc is a separate file system.
- I do not see any cron jobs running, or syslog entries

In the backuppc log, Backuppc_night runs at 1:08, nothing around 7h, apart from the hourly wakeup.

I seen that trash clean runs every 5 mins, but is there any other internal process in backuppc that runs daily like this?

Thanks in advance...