BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup backuppc

2011-05-25 10:16:09
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Backup backuppc
From: Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey AT BUC DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 10:14:55 -0400
On 5/25/2011 5:02 AM, samuel_wolf AT t-online DOT de wrote:
> Its not really easy to backup a backuppc, read in the mailing list rsync is
> not a good idea because there a lot of hardlinks.
>
> Whats the best way to creat offline backups?

First, if you are changing topics, please create a new thread rather
than replying to an existing thread.

This question is asked on a regular basis.  You should be able to find
lots of into in the mailing list archives.  The basic answers are:

1) Create a 3-way Raid 1 mirror for your backup data and swap out the
third drive for your offsite backup.

2) Have a 2nd BackupPC server offsite that backs up the same machines as
the on-site server.

3) Use a custom script to copy the data to another location for your
backup.  (You should be able to find links to this in the archives.)

Personally, I use option 1 and it works well for me.

--
Bowie