BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Best FS for BackupPC

2011-05-24 11:08:29
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Best FS for BackupPC
From: Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago <mlorenzo AT andago DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:07:12 +0200 (CEST)
yTod Detre <tod.detre AT maine DOT edu> wrote [9:48am -0400]

   TD > On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 5:52 AM, Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago
   TD > <mlorenzo AT andago DOT com> wrote:
   TD >
   TD > > Which one do you think is best for BackupPC?
   TD >
   TD > One of the main reasons I like xfs is the tool xfs_copy. This will
   TD > allow you to copy a backuppc pool filesystem quickly and efficiently.
   TD > BackupPC pools have too many hardlinks to make rsync work efficiently.
   TD > dd works, but copies all of the "empty" space too.

This is one great command! I needed this feature, indeed!

Thanks everyone!

--

Marcos Lorenzo de Santiago
System administrator

ÁNDAGO INGENIERÍA
Tlf: +34 916 011 373          Álcalde Ángel Arroyo, 10, 1º
Mvl: +34 637 741 034          28904, Getafe, Madrid (Spain)
Fax: +34 916 011 372               www.andago.com

Si 'debbuging' es el proceso de eliminar errores, entonces la
programación debe ser el proceso de ponerlos.
               -- PC Users. La "mejor" revista de computación
                  del mundo.