BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Ignore large files ?

2011-03-23 12:32:54
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Ignore large files ?
From: David Herring <dave AT netfm DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 16:31:08 +0000

I'm currently using lots of excludes to build up a backup over a slow link in stages ..thanks to this list for this suggestion.

I was wondering if there is an option for rysnc / backuppc to ignore files say over 500Mbytes ? This would be most useful in getting the initial backup in place ..then gradually increasing this number to encapsulate more files each time.

Also - are the generally smaller files not the 'human created' ones that need most backing up ? OK database dump might go against this...just a thought.

Thanks Dave

--
David Herring